Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Injectors rated different duty cycles? RC vs. Veno

  1. #21
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    rjaffey:

    Please keep us posted on your research. Good luck, I hope we hear what we want to. Thanks. Tom

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) w/JRSC @ 6psi, J&S Safeguard, Fields SFC, Slater CAI, DC 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler, Cartech FMU, B&M CommandFlo FPR, a grindin' 2nd gear and a bunch of knock...

    [This message has been edited by blowncivic (edited September 14, 2000).]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member SC SiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2000
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been using RC 370cc/min injectors for the last three months. The car runs perfectly. You can't tell they are there. I'm using the stock FPR and a PMS unit to control the fuel.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While I also have run a similar setup to SCSir except on a GSR (380 Venoms w/PMS) I have found that when using this big of injector at the power levels I'm at(6psi) actually hurt performance (at the track).

    After talking to a friend who has a good ammount of time tuning on a dyno mostly on Mustangs it seems that switching to BIG injectors with the stock ECU program has some drawbacks.

    You see, A Mustang ECU can be accessed via laptop PC and the program reconfigured with the right software and then saved until further programing or reset to default.

    These parameters include a selection for injector flow used (size) and allows the ECU to compensate for the change in the fuel maps, pulse width & duration.

    You will notice that most modded ECU products either have a parameter for adjusting injector size or come preprogrammed to work with a certain size injector (Zydyne has 440's I think, as an example).

    I think that this is a very important issue when it comes to really being able to tune the most power out of bigger injectors in the Honda setups.

    SCSir: After finally getting the 380's to work without a CE light and finding performance not to be as strong as before I looked into the InteracQ Windows PMS software again and have come to find that it allows for change in injector size (& Datalogs, but that's a different story smile ), so really the flexibility of this unit along with the software becomes much closer to the aftermarket ECU's available.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sirg's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2000
    Posts
    60
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i am not too familar with how the ECU works. but doesnt the ECU still treat ur 370s injector like stock? i mean u may get more fuel simply cuz its bigger. but to squeeze 100% from the injector i think u need the ecu remapped? just a thought. i could be wrong.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats what I'm getting at.

    Not to say that if your running some ungodly ammount of boost and NEED a whole bunch of fuel it isn't going to create a lot of power, just not as much as possible or as accurately as if the ECU knows whats in there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •